Tourist Visa FAQ
Who qualifies for tourist visa ?
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation , sight seeing , casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
For how long can one get a tourist visa ?
- Tourist visa is usually given for the period of 30, 60 , 90 , 180 days, 1 year and 10 years. This will depend on the Embassy and country you are from.
Do i need to register my tourist visa?
- No you do not register your tourist visa unless it’s specifically mentions on the visa it’s self.
- Also if your visa is longer then 180 days then, usually there is an instruction to register the visa.
My tourist visa is valid for 1 year. It says to register after 180 days.
- Usually you are not allowed to stay more then 180 days. You will have to leave the country and come back again.
- It will depend on the local FRO if they wish to register you or not. You can call them on +91 3472 252 843 (Krishnanagar FRO) Jurisdiction for Nadia district in West Bengal.
What if due to unavoidable circumstances I overstayed my visa. What do i do then ?
- Its best to contact the FRO before your visa expires and let them know the reason for delay.
- You will need to make an online application for exit permit at www.indianfrro.gov.in/frro
- You will need the following documents in order to make the online application.
- Confirmed ticket
- Residence proof – (what documents are accepted as resident proof will be mentioned once you reach the upload document section on the website.)
- Digital Photo of your self
- You may need other documents depending on the reason you provided for your delay.
- You will need to pay certain late fees and visa fees. Late fee is around 2000 rs and visa fee will depend on your country.
- Its up to Government officials to see merit in your application and decide to approve or disapprove your application.
- Overstay can result in imprisonment/deportation/fines/blacklisted. It’s advisable to leave on time before your visa expires.
Where can i get more information regarding tourist visas